- regular weekly practices and three concerts in a season
- collaboration with professional guests and soloists
- national or international tours
- scholarships and concerto opportunities
in 2018-2019 season:
September 22, 29
October 6, 13, 20
November 3, 10
December 1, 8
January 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 23
March 2, 9, 23
April 13, 20
May 4, 11, 18, 25
June 1, 8
Location: Church of the Valley, 19001 San Ramon Blvd, San Ramon 94583
In 2019-2020 Season rehearsals will be held at the St. Anne’s Episcopal Church, 2799 Driscoll Rd, Fremont, CA, 94539.
Final dress rehearsals and concerts
in 2018-2019 season:
November 11, 12:15PM (dress rehearsal), 2:30PM (concert), Mission Santa Clara
March 9, 3:30PM (dress rehearsal), 6PM (concert), Church of the Valley, San Ramon, CA
June 9, 2PM (dress rehearsal), 4PM (concert), Amador Theater, Pleasanton, CA
Members or their parents by paying an annual Tuition in two installments agree with policies outlined in a Membership Agreement as follows:
Due to specifics of orchestral playing no rehearsal or concert missing is excused unless there are extreme medical reasons. Unreasonable behavior can result in demotion within section, dismissal from concert and reimbursement for hiring a professional musician (up to $150). Members should arrive no later than 10 minutes before the start of rehearsal and sign in. Late coming will result in penalty added toward next tuition payment.
All members are expected to take private lessons on their respective instruments.
Due to nature of ensemble playing, members have to pay full attention to conductors, be prepared for rehearsal and respect fellow members and premises where rehearsals and concerts take place.
Use of all electronic devices during rehearsals and concerts; food and drinks except water during rehearsals are strongly prohibited.
For safety reasons, younger members must be picked up by an adult from their rehearsal room.
TUITION AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Annual Season Tuition is determined by the end of Auditions and paid in two installments. Siblings discount of 15% is applied to the Season Tuition.
Named in honor to our generous donor, Thomas Huang Scholarship of $200 is awarded each season to those who excel at auditions and rehearsals and applied toward Annual Tuition.
Liu Ling Scholarship, named after our founding volunteer is awarded to best Brass instrument players.
EUROPEAN TOUR 2020 AND BEETHOVEN 250 ORCHESTRA FESTIVAL
Music Celebrations International, the Honorable Dr. Michael Ludwig, Mayor of Vienna, and the Austrian National Tourist Office, are pleased to invite the Orchestra Gradus ad Parnassum to participate in the Beethoven 250 Orchestra Festival, to take place on June 28, 2020, in Vienna’s prestigious Musikverein, home of world’s top Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. The Festival is part of the official 250th Anniversary of the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven, one of classical music’s most influential and celebrated composers.
This Tour on June 22-29, 2020 will also include concerts in Budapest, Hungary, home of Liszt and Bartok, and Eisenstadt, Austria, home of Haydn, as well as a sightseeing stop in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Orchestra Gradus ad Parnassum offers young musicians who successfully passed auditions an opportunity to:
- Perform in the world’s most prestigious concert halls
- In a significant and meaningful way, pay homage to classical music’s most celebrated composers
- Visit Beethoven, Haydn and Liszt sites including homes, venues, memorials, gravesite, and the places that inspired their music
- Experience the thrill of performing to a large, enthusiastic, and appreciative audience in Vienna, Budapest and Eisenstadt
- Experience unparalleled educational opportunities and memories that will last a lifetime
- Get highlights for college resume
See Auditions 2019-2020 Season to take the last opportunity to join this Tour.
This Tour will include:
- Round trip airline tickets from San Francisco
- Deluxe motor coach for the entire 9-day tour
- 4-star hotel accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals except lunches that will be organized in food courts and paid out of pocket
- Free museum tours and excursions with Tour manager and guides
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Travel insurance including travel accident, medical expense, baggage coverage and trip cancellation
- Music instruments transportation
- Percussion instruments and low strings rental
- Festival and two concerts production
There are two Packages: Full Tour Member is $4,500; Land Only Tour Member (excludes air tickets and airport transfer at destination for which you would be responsible yourself) is $2,930. It could be paid in one or two equal installments by April 1, 2019 and June 1, 2019 respectively.
If you received Tour packet by e-mail a payment can be done by check to SocialGood Fund (our fiscal sponsor) and sent the same way as for tuition fee or by credit card (fees apply) here via online platform FlipCause. Parent who wishes to join as a Tour Member, volunteers as a Chaperone and gets 10% discount paying fee of $4,050 or $2,638 (Land Only). Please send confirmation about your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org